Monday 19 December 2011

The Best of 2011

Real life has gotten in the way of blogging over the last couple of months, but I'm going to make up for lost time with a list of my personal top 10 games of the year. Well I say list... what I really mean is a post a day, counting down from ten to one, and another for a wee nod to some of the games that didn't quite make the grade. I just love drawing things out you see. Also, it'll hopefully keep you coming back.

Anyway wow, what a year. Maybe I just haven't been paying attention during this generation of consoles, but there's been an unusually high number of quality games releases this year, especially in the last three or four months. And the range has been fantastic as well. From great sequels in established franchises, to groundbreaking original IP, captivating indie titles, and inventive mobile releases. It's been years since I had so much I've wanted to play, and so little time (or money) to do so. So I did my best, and put this list together straight from my own brain. As such, I'm sure there are plenty of fantastic games I've missed out altogether, simply because I haven't had the chance to play them. I started with a longlist of thirty, and whittling it down was hard enough without having to consider more.

So if you disagree with my choices then great, if you agree then even better! If 2012 proves to be even half as good as this year's been, we'll be lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment